Old House & Barn Expo
Presented by the NH Preservation Alliance
Thanks to all who participated in the 2018 Old House and Barn Expo!
At the New Hampshire Old House & Barn Expo there is something for everyone. Have fun and learn from the experts at this unique expo that helps old house and barn owners and enthusiasts with appropriate and affordable solutions. Create your own show “itinerary” and explore preservation strategies, architecture, craft and history through hourly lectures, visits with high quality exhibitors, demonstrations, a scavenger hunt for kids and adults, and “Old House and Barn Doctor” sessions. And, you don’t need to own an old home or barn – the show is about style, ideas and decoration, too.
We loved featuring these folks:
· Tom McLaughlin, the new host of NHPBS’s Rough Cut with Fine Woodworking;
· Howard Mansfield, author of The Same Axe, Twice, Dwelling in Possibility and In the
Memory House, with his newest book Summer Over Autumn;
· Dr. James Garvin, architectural historian and award-winning author of A Building History
of Northern New England;
· Kevin Gardner, teacher, stone mason and author of Granite Kiss and his new book
· Henry Homeyer, garden columnist and commentator;
· Joe Monninger, author of A Barn in New England;
· Author and newspaper columnist John Clayton (now executive director of the
Manchester Historic Association in the Expo's host city);
· Jim DeStefano, structural engineer, architect and author of Antique New England
Homes and Barns.
· Steve Taylor, former N.H. commissioner of Agriculture, Markets & Food and frequent popular presenter on New Hampshire history and community topics.
Preservation guru and Preservation Alliance board member Ian Blackman of Chichester puts it this way: “People who you meet at the Expo are passionate about what they do. The exhibitors and presenters are knowledgeable, love their work, and care deeply about the historic character of our state.”
Topics of presentations, demonstrations and exhibits include: 21st century comfort in old homes • Barn repair • Energy efficiency • Financing and insurance • Old house maintenance • Home buying strategies • Interior finishes • Lead paint • Masonry and plaster repair •
Mid-century architecture • Old house maintenance • Researching house history • Solar • Stone wall building • Timber framing • Window repair • Wood turning and more.
The Preservation Alliance was supported in part by a grant from the New Hampshire State Council on the Arts & the National Endowment for the Arts.
Questions or suggestions? Contact: Jennifer Goodman, 603-224-2281 or email email@example.com with "Expo" in the subject line.
Pages Within The "Events" Section
2018 Old House & Barn Expo Sponsors
Antique Homes Magazine
Louis Karno & Company
NH Home Magazine
Ahlgren and Son Builders
Fifield Building Restoration & Relocation, LLC
Healthy Homes & Lead Prevention Program
Innerglass Window Systems
Preservation Timber Framing
Historic New England
Manchester Historic Association
NH Division of Historical Resources
NH Historic Society
North Bennet Street School
The Preservation Education Institute
Sanborn Mills Farm
Timber Framers Guild