Old House & Barn Expo
Presented by the NH Preservation Alliance
Thanks to all who participated in the 2018 Old House and Barn Expo! We'll be posting the full list of exhibitors later today and education session information very soon!
At the New Hampshire Old House & Barn Expo there is something for everyone. Have fun and learn from the experts at this unique expo that helps old house and barn owners and enthusiasts with appropriate and affordable solutions. Create your own show “itinerary” and explore preservation strategies, architecture, craft and history through hourly lectures, visits with high quality exhibitors, demonstrations, a scavenger hunt for kids and adults, and “Old House and Barn Doctor” sessions. And, you don’t need to own an old home or barn – the show is about style, ideas and decoration, too.
We loved featuring these folks:
· Tom McLaughlin, the new host of NHPBS’s Rough Cut with Fine Woodworking;
· Howard Mansfield, author of The Same Axe, Twice, Dwelling in Possibility and In the
Memory House, with his newest book Summer Over Autumn;
· Dr. James Garvin, architectural historian and award-winning author of A Building History
of Northern New England;
· Kevin Gardner, teacher, stone mason and author of Granite Kiss and his new book
· Henry Homeyer, garden columnist and commentator;
· Joe Monninger, author of A Barn in New England;
· Author and newspaper columnist John Clayton (now executive director of the
Manchester Historic Association in the Expo's host city);
· Jim DeStefano, structural engineer, architect and author of Antique New England
Homes and Barns.
· Steve Taylor, former N.H. commissioner of Agriculture, Markets & Food and frequent popular presenter on New Hampshire history and community topics.
Preservation guru and Preservation Alliance board member Ian Blackman of Chichester puts it this way: “People who you meet at the Expo are passionate about what they do. The exhibitors and presenters are knowledgeable, love their work, and care deeply about the historic character of our state.”
Topics of presentations, demonstrations and exhibits include: 21st century comfort in old homes • Barn repair • Energy efficiency • Financing and insurance • Old house maintenance • Home buying strategies • Interior finishes • Lead paint • Masonry and plaster repair •
Mid-century architecture • Old house maintenance • Researching house history • Solar • Stone wall building • Timber framing • Window repair • Wood turning and more.
Questions or suggestions? Contact: Jennifer Goodman, 603-224-2281 or email email@example.com with "Expo" in the subject line.
Pages Within The "Events" Section
2018 Old House & Barn Expo Sponsors
- Antique Homes Magazine
- Louis Karno & Company
- NH Home Magazine
- NH PBS
- Ahlgren and Son Builders
- Fifield Building Restoration & Relocation, LLC
- Healthy Homes & Lead Prevention Program
- Innerglass Window Systems
- Preservation Timber Framing
- ReVision Energy
- Historic New England
- Manchester Historic Association
- NH Division of Historical Resources
- NH Historic Society
- North Bennet Street School
- Plan NH
- The Preservation Education Institute
- Sanborn Mills Farm
- Timber Framers Guild